Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Friday, August 1, 2008

Spiders and Frogs are My Friends.

OK, most people don't like bugs in the house. Me? I can't say I'm over thrilled when I see the little creepy crawlers running around, but I do believe in a live and let live system on this earth we live on. I don't like to intentionally kill anything, with the exception of Mosquito's and Fleas and I feel they've lived as long as they need if they live one minute. Can't help it, just the way I feel. So most bugs I will catch and put outside. I figure they have some purpose they have to complete, but not necessarily in my house. The only exception to this is spiders. Unless it's a poisonous spider, such as a black widow or brown recluse, I let them live in my house in harmony. Why? Simply because they kill and eat mosquito's and fleas and flies and pretty much anything else that gets in your house that is a creepy crawler. Remember I said I wouldn't kill anything if I could help it. I didn't say I would let something else. Sometimes my cat, Prissy or my dog, Princess, decide the spiders days are numbered and take them out. Not me though. I figure they are my friends and as long as they leave me alone I leave them alone to do their natural job of getting rid of other creepy crawly things.

Oh yes and if you have frogs in your back yard.. count yourself lucky cause these little jewels also get rid of those pesky bugs we all hate so much.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree. also let the bees live if possible. now, i seem to attract wasps. they love to eat spiders. those i do have to kill. this was one of the few years i didnt have wasps in my house or garage. one good thing about wasps are, if you get them in your garage and you have birds then they will scare off the birds. and birds are nastier then wasps.

Anonymous said...

If you haven't already, check out Eric Fetcho's spider story at his blog: http://ericfetcho.com/?p=355

Anonymous said...

Joe - thanks that story is too funny... or at least to me it was. I've had some big spiders in here too, but they don't live very long with the pets. Too Easy to see.