Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Saturday, August 9, 2008

$$$$$$$$Garage Sale Fever$$$$$$$$

I've had many garage sales over the years. I actually like having them and I enjoy going to them. The thing I like most about having or participating in garage sales is the time spent sitting with family or friends just talking. Actually taking the time to do nothing more than enjoy the outside weather and each others company. I use to do three a year every year with my ex-sister-in-law and her mother. I miss that. The past two days and today though I had an opportunity to participate in my friend Chris's garage sale. I loved it. There was a wonderful cool breeze and a friend that I haven't gotten to spend much time with over the past couple of years and I got to sit and just shoot the breeze, so to speak. The picture above though is from my garage sale I had at my house in June. Yes it is a long and I mean long driveway and I had a lot of stuff to sell. I still do believe it or not. I'm trying to organize my house (maybe actually get a style) and I'm trying to empty out my storage unit so I can get rid of it. I will be doing another garage sale with my friend in September.

Along with enjoying the time spent with family and friends there is always a good show guaranteed. Along with the tons of bargain shoppers who are looking to get a a good deal there are always those people who look at something priced $5 and ask you if you will take a quarter for it. Now what logic goes through someones mind that says it's OK to ask someone to drop from $5 to twenty-five cents? I would never dream of asking someone to drop more than 40 to 50% and I probably wouldn't ask them to drop that much.

Another thing that just shocks the heck out of me is how people who come to garage sales just seem to want to tell you their entire life stories and will tell you things I would blush telling my closets of friends. (And trust me those who know me know I don't embarrass easy.)

One thing is for certain. Garage sales are enjoyable to go to and for me enjoyable to participate in. Lots of work yes, but everything in life worth while you have to work for.

Garage sale anyone? Catch the fever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked the part where you mentioned people wanting to just TALK. You learn everything you never needed to know about someone you will never see again ...

Anonymous said...

i think people make good theripst. sometimes you only want to talk to a stranger that you will never see again and God puts you with the right people most of the time at the yard sale......lol i'm not telling if i am the one that just needed a talk. :)