Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Bee's Be Gone ----- NOT!

OK, so everyone I'm sure remembers my blog about the bees in my bathroom. I thought I had gotten rid of them. I suppose this is natures way of saying... think again. Also to tell this story, you are going to think I've totally lost my mind; however, this is what happened and I swear it's a true story. Believe me or not here we go.
Remember my twenty year old cat Basil that died on June 21st? Well, for the past couple of weeks I thought I was losing my mind. My cat use to sit on the edge of the tub and purr so loud it would sound like it could vibrate the house every time I was in the bathroom doing anything. I remember he wanted to be in there with me whether I was folding clothes or washing my face. He didn't care. This purring was something I missed after he was gone. A couple of weeks ago at night I started hearing that sound. The first night it sounded like he was right there on the bath tub. I even put my ear to the tub and it sounded like he was right beside me. After a little bit the sound would stop. I only heard it at night and I seriously thought I was just losing it. Well today, in broad daylight after I got up I was getting ready to get in the shower and I thought I heard it again. -- Now for those of you that know me you know I have a cat named Prissy. Trust me I checked. She was out on the screen porch asleep. Now today it sounded like it was at my feet and like the noise jumped up to the bath tub. I walked over to the tub and it sounded like it went into the tub. I got in the tub and the noise was as if it walked up the wall right to the spot where I had put the tape on the ceiling where the bees had come in. The noise was gone, but my eye caught a glimpse of something under the tape. I tapped on the tape and the sound scared me half to death. It sounded like thousands upon thousands of bee's buzzing and hitting that tape like they were trying to attack it. I showed my dad because he was planning to replace that part of the ceiling and it's a good thing I did. Can you imagine opening that up to thousands of bees? He could have been seriously hurt or even killed.

So I guess we are back to Chance or Divine intervention. You may think I"m crazy, heck I may be, but I honestly think my cat Basil knew there was danger there and came back to warn me. Trust me when I say the sound of bees buzzing and purring are not the same. I'm sure plenty of people will make up their own theories, but I'm pretty sure Basil dropped in to let me know, Bee's Be Gone - NOT.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i fully agree with you. who cares what the majority of people think. i think your cat did come back to warn you becouse she loved you so much.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I think he was watching out for me!