Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Friday, August 22, 2008

Toothpicks Anyone?

I work a shift, that honestly I suppose is not meant for everyone. You'll find me at work most nights from 3:00 P.M. until Midnight. I actually find this shift quiet enjoyable most nights though because I have until about 2:30 P.M. in the day to enjoy the gorgeous summer days we have been having. For what ever reason, I know WTH was I thinking, I decided to be nice and help out and do some over time for third shift tonight. I told them I would stay until 4:00 A.M.. I know it doesn't sound too hard in theory, but let me tell you, Toothpicks are required. About 3:00 A.M. My eyelids started feeling as if someone put fifty pound weights on them. My head started doing that bobbing thing that is reminiscent of heavy metal head banging and my body cried out for my pillow and blanket. Again I ask you. What the hell was I thinking. Ahhh yes, MONEY. I believe if I were to be more honest with myself and everyone else it would all boil down to good old dollars and sense. Or lack of any common sense. Which ever way it is, I survived! Seems to me when I was younger this wasn't quite so hard to do, but now a days I'm guessing I'll be paying for this for the next few days. Anyone have an IV of Coffee that they can hook me up to? Anyway, this is short and sweet, but I just had to ask. Toothpicks anyone?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

when i was working (for an extream brief time) from 2:30pm to 11pm i was also doing 4 hours on the end most nights. that first week was a kick in the axx. let me tell you something sheila, just thank God you arnt doing heavy lifting on top of it. omg. from my varied shifts over the last 2 years when you are working those hours you are not working an afternoon shift anymore you are really a night shift person. drink plenty of water, have a coffee or two, and sleep. who cares what the house looks like, just sleep. sometimes i cant wait till my kid grows up and i get back on afternoons. i really like them too. love ida