Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Monday, August 18, 2008

Dreaming of Tomorrow

Where do you go when you dream? Do you remember your dreams or do you often wake up believing you didn't dream at all. Research shows that everyone dreams every night whether we remember them or not. There has been a great deal of research that also shows that if we learn to remember our dreams and even write them down they can often give us insightful information into our own lives. Why you might ask? Simply because the subconscious mind is free to explore when we are sleeping. When you are asleep you are not held back by your inhibitions. In our sleep we can fly like eagles. We have the answers to all our problems. It's
an idea world, unless your mind has a struggle to over come. This is where nightmares come into play. Our dreams are often going to make the situation out to be a hundred times more worse than any real life scenario we could possibly come up with. There are multiple theories on this. I believe it is so that when it plays out, if it plays out, in real life we are more able to handle and cope with what actually occurs. There is sort of a ah ha moment in our mind where it remembers the dream and what might have been even if we don't. There are also those that believe we receive spirit visits in our dream. I'm not sure how I feel about that one. The theory is that it's easier for others on the other side to talk to us asleep because of the fact that our subconscious is the part of us they are speaking with. Part of me believes this. When I was younger I had a fight with a family member and it had been a few weeks since that family member had spoken to me. In my dream my moms mother came to me and we sat down and at McDonald's hamburgers in an airport of all things together. Remember I didn't say they were always exciting dreams. Anyway she said she realized I was worried because this family member had not spoken to me in a while, but not to worry in a couple of more weeks they would. Thing is she was right, or my mind was right. Approximately two weeks after that dream that person and I were back to talking like we always had. I've also had dreams about my other grandmother where I actually say to her in the dream: "You're dead, you can't be here." She always answers: "You needed to see me, so I am here.". So part of it could be desire, and it could be our subconscious mind is just really good at figuring things out. I believe a part of me believes they actually do visit us in our dreams though. Something speaks to us and reaches out to us. Why couldn't it be our deceased loved ones.
The third type of dream is what I would call a prophetic dream. In these types of dreams we seem to see things and hear things that we couldn't possibly have anyway of seeing or knowing. These dreams are easy to distinguish between other dreams because when we wake up we are often confused because we expect to be where we were in the dream. They are so real we could almost touch them. I have had several of these unexplainable dreams in my life. I have actually been in a group of people, some of whom I've never met, except for in my dream a few nights before I met them, and I can tell you exactly what everyone in that group is going to say. It always freaks me out just a little. In my case my dreams that are prophetic really seem to want me to know that this is what they are. I always have them over and over night after night until I either pass on a message to whomever they are intended for or the event registers in my mind or occurs. An example of this, I have several. In the fall of 1984 I started having a dream about my mom's mother. In this dream I would go to the hospital and take her a red rose. In the dream I knew somehow it was summer and I knew my grandmother was dying. My aunt was due to have a baby in late May. In my dream I also visited her in the hospital on these stops. My grandmother would always smile and me and tell me: "It's OK, really I'm ready." I had these over and over and over until one day it dawned on me. One day in November I told my dad. "My grandmother is going to die on my birthday. (June 27Th). I told him of my dreams and he asked me not to tell my mom. On June 26Th, 1985 I took the early morning call saying my grandmother had passed away. An orderly in a hospital thinking my grandmother was small enough for him to handle on his own had dropped her. This caused a blood clot which went to her heart and killed her. So I was one day off. I turned 18 the day after she died. The red roses. I had visited her 3 days in a row in my dream. A week after she died one of her brothers died and a week after that a 2ND brother of hers died. So was it prophecy or coincidence? Another story for you. Shortly after starting high school I had a dream that upon my next year at the start of the year I went to school expecting to see my best friend Chris. She normally walked with me, but hadn't showed up and I just figured she went to school. When I got to school no one knew where she was or could find her. I worried around and called everyone. No one knew where she was. I told my friend Chris about this story. At that time she wasn't a believer in what she probably thought was stupid stuff a teenager would make up. That next year though I lived out my dream. Circumstances at home had driven her away to live with her brother. It all played out just as I had said. I wonder if she believes it was real or coincidence? Either way... You can believe or you can not, but for me I listen to my dreams when they speak. They are a wonderful way to travel and if you keep a pad of paper by your bed to write them down upon first awaking they might even be a wonderful way for you to learn a few things about yourself. Keep dreaming!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn! You've got this blogging thing down! And nicely, so! You're producing some awesome posts!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Joe! I appreciate the support and the nudge!

Anonymous said...

please keep on blogging. i love, just love your blog. :)

Sheila said...

Thank you, you are the second person today to tell me that and I really really appreciate it!