Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

By Chance or Divine Intervention?

In my last blog entry I spoke of my favorite author John Edward. One of his sayings is that nothing is by chance. There is a purpose and a reason for everything. Well, yesterday I got an email from Walgreen's. So far nothing unusual because they often send me coupon updates. In this email it offered to develop film, whether it be a roll or one time use camera, free today only. You could have one. I use digital now so I had no use for it. I took the coupon to my mom. She had a camera she needed to get developed but she had no idea how old the camera was or what was on it. I told her it's free, why not find out. We dropped it off and Walgreen's processed the film in their one hour photo lab at no charge. The above picture is one of the pictures we got. Now here is where the by Chance or Divine Intervention comes into play. The picture above is of my mom's brother Monroe and his wife Connie. Monroe passed away a couple of months ago and this picture was taken on the last trip to Kentucky my mother took and as it turned out the last time she saw her brother alive. There were several wonderful pictures on the camera for her and it touched her very much. If that coupon hadn't come she may or may not have ever gotten this film developed which was stuck in the back of a drawer. So I ask you: By Chance or Divine Intervention?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i dont really think anything is by chance. i think divine intervention.