Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Exercise Hell - The Road to Success?

I've heard that the road to hell is paved with good intentions, but let me tell you I'm pretty sure it's exercise. I started an exercise routine about two weeks ago. I have been adding a few every few days to the routine to try to get my optimal results. The first two weeks have been mostly trying to limber up some and loosen up some. So the first two weeks were not too bad. A little soreness but not bad. This week on Monday though I added the real exercises. The ones that make you sweat and make you use your muscles. Let me say OMG! I have sore muscles in places I don't think you're suppose to have muscles. Yesterday, Wednesday, I was so sore I could hardly move. It literally hurt so badly, especially my legs, that I wanted to throw in the towel and cry. I expressed this to my mother. She always has had really good advice but what she said wasn't what I wanted to hear. She said whatever you do don't stop. You need to work through the pain. She said it was really important to do the exercises last night. UGH! So let me tell you I did and I did so with great pain. Every exercise hurt but I did them and you know what? She was right. Today the soreness is not nearly as bad. It's at least sixty to seventy percent better. Just feels a little tender. Guess we'll have to see how long it takes me to get good results but the lessons learned are many. One you can do something even when you mind is screaming "What the hell are you doing?" and as one would expect, "Mother really does know best!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your mom is right. i need to take her advise too.