Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My Next 5 Meals @ Subway are Courtesy of my COKE Addiction!

Diet Caffeine free coke that is. Actually I prefer Pepsi, but it gives me indigestion issues so I drink coke products a lot. In this day and age of watching everything under the sun I am on a low sodium restricted diet to help control blood pressure issues I have. Not all bad. I have dropped 87 pounds since November 2007. I'm currently working to firm that up and hopefully drop a lot of that 87 pounds friends off to stay with it. So I had a lot of issues with heartburn and other issues we won't discuss and found out that it was largely due to Pepsi. Now if you work for Pepsi, please don't get offended. I love the stuff, it just didn't love me. Coke products seem to fair me one better though. So you might ask how are my next five meals @ Subway on Coke. Simple, I registered and take the time to put in all the points off the Coke cartons and lids. The only down side to this is it is time consuming. You can only enter up to 10 per day, which I guess isn't a big thing since I only drink one to two a day; however, I don't want to log in every day to enter them so often they accumulate until I have twenty or so. I also do the Pepsi lids. As far as programs, Coke's rewards program appears to be better, but the jury is still out on that one. I recently turned in 700 points to get a $25 gift card to Subway. As I see it, it's money in my pocket I figure. Points for coke are figured at 3 for each lid and 10 I believe for cartons (don't buy cartons very often). Pepsi is 1 for each lid and 4 for each carton. So you see it can be time consuming and take a long time to reach anything of any significance. But if you don't want to register and you don't want to do this yourself I will gladly take all your lids and points. So you see I found a healthy way to have a COKE addiction. Don't you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

87 pounds.......omg i had no clue. you are looking good. was that a recent pic the other day. wow sheila email me pleasssssse and tell me everything. diet, excercise etc. i know i used to be the master now i need alot of help on getting back on track. love ida

Anonymous said...

I had allowed myself to gain a lot of weight, so unfortunately I'm about a hundred pounds away from looking good, but it's definately getting better. The key is to watch your salt. I am on a 2000 mg a day salt diet. I shoot to stay in that ball park. I try to make healthier choices most of the time when eating. Just started the exercise last week, we'll see if it helps kick it up. Plus Water Water Water. It does the body good!