Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

An All New Low In Customer Service


OK.. Deep breath. I always think the last time I had lousy service could never be topped, but this was by far one of the most frustrating experience's I've ever had any where. Where you might ask? KROGER'S. I went to Kroger's on my lunch break. It was around 8PM. It's close to where I work so I thought easy in and easy out for a few things I need. I bought two 24 packs of water, 4 gallon jugs and some miscellaneous items. Went to the front to check out and found that there is nothing but self serve isle's open. Great. It isn't like this is like Meijer's with those long ones you can check out. These are the little ones with no space. So I'm all ready pissed. Anyway I start checking out my stuff and this girl comes over. Doesn't say anything to me. Doesn't explain what she's doing she just starts moving things around in my cart and scanning things. Does a couple and walks away. OK, so now I'm furious. I was going to brush it off and started scanning items again, but then I looked and I couldn't tell what she had scanned and what she hadn't and it was like pulling teeth to get her attention to get her to tell me that all she scanned were the waters and the pop. Great. So I finished and walked past her and the manager standing there talking (looked a lot like flirting with each other actually) and neither one said have a good day or anything and I mean I could have touched them I was so close. Now I get out to my car, put all the stuff in and realize I lost my badge in the store. Is this shopping trip over yet is the only thing I can think of. So I go back in the store. The girl up front in the office was very nice, smile on her face, nothing like the other two clueless to service people I had seen before. No badge though so I retrace my steps to no avail. Then I go out to my car and get in. I felt something down by my foot and the brake. There it was my badge. Well at least something was in my favor. Hour up and time to head back to work. I'm thinking next time that Meijers is just as easy for me to get to and get back to work in that hour so I'm headed there next time. They will take the Kroger Ad and I at least get a smile from them and can check out my own stuff in comfort. This is definitely one of those that I hope is not forever in my mind though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you found your ID badge. I lost mine yesterday and it is still MIA.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully someone will turn it in for you...