Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Laugh A Little. Laugh A Lot! Just Laugh.

They say that laughter is the best medicine and if you've ever been feeling poorly or blah, you know they are telling the truth. One good crack up at something can change your whole demeanor and your whole day. There are tons and tons of studies out there to support that not only does laughing make you feel better but it also can help strengthen ones immune system and help us stay healthy or recover more quickly from an illness that we have. We all know people out there that need to loosen up and laugh a little, and no one is a lost cause because laughter is often contagious. Me? I try to listen to Cd's of people like Jeff Foxworthy or Bill Cosby. I find that keeping these in the car for a bad mood day can do wonders for me. There are also several websites that can help relieve your stress and make you smile or laugh. The www.DILBERT.COM website comes to mind for that one. This little guy pictured above also sits on my desk. I smile for two reason's when I look at him. One, he's smiling and shaking his head no. Gotta wonder about that don't you? Two, the day I bought him at Target the guy at the checkout lane had this look on his face that was just priceless as he asked me: "What is it?". Either way find a way to smile and laugh. It may add years to your life and it can't really hurt you. I mean I'd rather laugh than cry any day. For more on laughter and how it effects the human body go to: www.helpguide.org/life/humor_laughter_health.htm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know i love that little guy and his friend too. i looked at him and smiled. i really smiled. wild something that isnt a living soul can make people smile and enjoy it so much. i wonder what he is too. never seen him before and i be all up in the target and online.lol i am the target girl. :)

loved the post and hope you are doing ok mentally and physically. i say mentally becouse of stess. sometimes when we have things that are out of our control we stress upon them. and i even have to remind myself that i have to give all the mess and stress to God he is there for us.

God is great.

Anonymous said...

I just wish I remembered how to laugh! I think my ex-wife got my sense of humor in the divorce. Nice post and pics.