Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Gadgets That Make the Grade or Not

We've all seen these products advertised on television over and over. Sometimes they can become so enticing that we just have to go out and buy them and try them ourselves. As a matter of fact recently on a blog I keep up with I read a blurb that the author wished for one of those "As Seen On TV" stores to be in our midst. Well, we don't have an actual store of just that stuff, but you can buy almost any of it at Meijer's, Walgreen's or CVS. This is to name a few that I am aware of that carry this type of stuff. Out of the stuff I've tried I've had the best results with the 'Green Bags'. I thought surely they have to be joking that a bag can extend the life of fruit, but on a whim in a Meijer's I bought both the bags and some bananas. Let the experiment begin I thought. Banana's usually start to brown by the next day or the day after. I was well into day 8 before they browned. So they definitely hold true to prolonging life on banana's. The Flashlight that you crank actually works quiet well too. If you don't mind having to crank it that is. It could come in handy during a storm if your batteries have died though. The wall switch you can put anywhere and turn something on either in another room or by carrying it with you I also have to give an A+. I found it very useful for a light I had in my kitchen that the light itself was very difficult to get to; however with this switch it is simple for me to turn it on and off. There are some things that really really didn't make the grade though. I found the universal cartridge refill system to be
atrocious at best. Then there is Oxi Clean which you see commercials for all the time over and over and over with it's big promises. I have given it more than one opportunity and let me tell you it does nothing that regular stain stick or detergent can't and doesn't all ready do. Save your pennies. Also sadly I must report that both pet grooming products fall way short of being anything to write home about. Don't waste your money there either if you want my opinion. I could go on and on about their products because unfortunately I do have "Curiosity Sucker" written on my forehead in extremely bold letters so there are a slue of other products of theirs I have tried. Some of them were good and some of them were bad. If you're interested feel free to ask me about which ones I've used and not. Feel free to leave your opinions on items as well. And just to leave you knowing I'm totally insane, yes I do have one of these lovely cat clocks in my bathroom on the wall. If nothing else it's a good conversation starter and will keep the mice away. Well maybe the real cat does that . So some gadgets make the grade, some don't. Either way I will probably be buying more of them to try in the nearby future. How about you?

3 comments:

Joe said...

Great posting! I've always wished that someone I knew used these things and could give me a candid opinion - thanks! Keep buying, trying and reporting!

Anonymous said...

Heck there are lots of others I have tried, maybe I should review them all...--- any questions on any of them you can always check with me. lol...

Anonymous said...

please review them. the green bags were very interesting. i heard that oxyclean didnt work that well. in fact i beleive borax works much better. kohls sells those as seen on tv things too.