Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

** Nothing But A Memory **

Anyone out there remember the first show of "Making the Band"? I do. I loved watching that show. I remember pulling for the guys and at the same time thinking why would anyone want to go through all this. Boy bands were very popular in the 90's and early years of this decade. This show first aired in 2000 which was what a lot of people felt was a new beginning. We had all survived the Y2K. New life and new promise as we started a new era. Little did we know that a year later we wouldn't just be looking at the new careers of such as these kids that became known as O-town, but we would also have 911. I guess that is what life is. A mystery that we have to wait each day for it to unravel. Either way as I was watching this show it was quiet obvious to me, as I'm sure it was to the shows producers, that even if this group got a hit album they would be short lived. Not because they didn't have talent, because they did, but they had two singers who wanted to be the lime light. Two who didn't want to share the stage with anyone. Two who thought they had their own thing to do and they didn't want anyone telling them how to perform their songs or their music. The funny thing is I think they were the least two talented of the group. Either way I loved listening to their music and even have a CD that I recorded one of their songs for fun on for just my entertainment. I have trouble singing these days due to losing my voice or my breath. A great new product of the last year of my life. This group sadly only did two albums and only one that is worth much. The second one I do not own but I have listened on line and it has maybe two songs worth anything. The first one was well produced and is golden. Almost every song is worth listening to. I'm going to put links to the two songs I enjoyed the most here so you can go take a listen at your leisure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZgwuhpZxa0

All or Nothing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dljyXelztCE

Liquid Dreams

I have lots of memories of these songs. Especially the first song. It brings back a flood gate of memories of friends and family and a beloved pet that are no longer here physically, but will forever be in my mind.

No comments: