Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Friday, July 25, 2008

When It Rains, It Pours...

So is it just me or has anyone else noticed that when something goes wrong, it happens in three's? I mean normally if the washer breaks, a couple of other events follow shortly there after. Then there are days that are just "those" type of days. Now I'm not having one of those yet, knock on wood, however, a friend of mine is it appears. His clutch went out on his car which for him is going to be a costly endeavor and probably an aggrevating one. What it did for me though was send me back in time to a memory of a day where I got a call from this same friend. A memory probably twelve to fifteen years old. It was a day when yet another car had a problem and he needed assistance. I remember the location where I went to get him. It was out past Saint Joe Hospital. I believe the car was blue, but I couldn't swear to that. The memory is faint, but obviously it wanted to be remembered. Mostly I just want him to realize that after the rain the sun always comes out. Perhaps this is an opportunity rather than a problem. He always did like buying cars. Either way, I know when it rains it seems to pour, but for me it brought back a memory of times gone by and perhaps ones yet to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think mine happens with 3's squared to the power of a million. oh well...did i tell you about my 441.00 water bill the other day? well it was a mistake. with my weirdo days off i was able to be home when the meter reader came back to reread the meter. so now i only owe 41.00 dollars. praise God.

Anonymous said...

I think I would have been passed out cold if I had gotten a $441.00 water bill. Good thing it got straightened out and yes prais the Lord!