Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

*Christmas 2004*

OK, so today was an extremely stressful day for me. So I came home and started looking through old photo's and playing with my photo editing software that my friend Joe recommended to me. While looking through my photo's I came across this photograph I took the week of Christmas in 2004. I remember this well. I was wondering what the heck was going on. You see where I live we don't get semi trucks and we definitely don't get them with truck beds on them. So I watched this poor guy out there for quiet a while. I wasn't sure at first exactly what he was doing. He had a tank shirt on like you'd wear in summer and he was out running from front to back of his truck. That winter it was extremely cold and as you can see it did snow. So finally I went out to talk to this poor guy. Seems he was from sunny California and he had taken this load at the last minute for someone to make some extra holiday cash. He had never been to Indiana or for that matter anywhere in this region and he had no idea it would be cold. He had not brought anything with him but short sleeves. He had actually gotten lost and turned onto our street by mistake. Then trying to take the corner where my house sits, you guessed it he got stuck in snow and couldn't get the truck out. This guy was out there with a book trying to shovel snow away from the tires. He didn't have a shovel. I didn't stay out long a few of my male neighbors came out with shovels and a jacket for the guy and tried to help get him out. He ended up having to call his company though and get professional help at getting out of this predicament. I wasn't worried. I have a huge yard so he wasn't near my house, but I felt extremely bad for this guy. Moral of this story is simply that I was thinking my day was bad. Can you imagine being this guy? Guess I'll say thank you for my blessings and when things don't quiet go my way I'll try to remember they could always be worse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember the trucker in 04.... it is amazing how people live in their world and don't realize there is more out there than sun & 70 degree weather!!!