Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Soap Opera Life It Is Not...

And I say thank God for that! Today as I was watching a soap I've watched all my life, "Days of Our Lives", I got to thinking about how much it seems people today try to mimick the lives of soap opera characters and TV stars. Let me tell you thinking has always been a dangerous place for my mind to be. What is it about these characters that make us want to be them? Soaps in paticular I can't see the desire to be these people. I know we rarely see them work and that is a perk; however, they sleep with everyone, are in in constant turmoil and rarely seem like they are happy for more than perhaps an episode or two. Now they do have some perks as in they never seem not to find a way out of the trouble they are in and they always seem to have money to do whatever they want. This is fantasy though and real life just doesn't work that way. Relationships in life whether they be friendship, work related or love take a lot of hard work. There are some saving grace TV characters though that might just be worth mimicking. I'm thinking I'd like to be Samantha on Bewitched, as long as I didn't have to kiss Darrin that is.

So tell me what characters on TV would you like to trade lives with for a day?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

noone. i love mine even if someone might think it is a soap. its slowed down 100 percent since 92.....:) which is a very, very good thing.