Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Monday, July 14, 2008

Technology is Not Exactly My Friend

What a fast paced time we live in. Everyone constantly on the go and always available via their cellphones that do everything but go to work for them and cook their dinners. Sometimes I think that invention is just right around the corner. The thought of that scares me to death. I really am stuck in a timezone somewhere outside of reality. A friend of mine commented to me not too long ago that he didn't believe he knew anyone who didn't have a DVD player. Me? I have one, got it a few months back. I haven't used it very much though I think I might like it once I get use to it. And what of this blogging thing? I knew it existed and I knew people were doing it.. I just never thought I'd attempt to try it. You see I actually miss the days where people couldn't find you on a telephone that you carry in your pocket. I'm also old enough to remember when kids played outside, neighbors knew each other and VCR's were a luxury in most homes. I remember enjoying those times very much. So perhaps that is why I don't take to technology as quickly as others. You see it's not that I don't know about technology, I've just chosen not to go there that quickly. Why not you may ask. I think it's because I know once you've left that magical path or road you were on the odds are you may never travel it again. I'm a romantic at heart and a bit nastalgic. So I will share some thoughts and welcome some comments and perhaps even learn how this wonderful world of blogging connects me to others in a brand new way, but don't be suprised if this not really old in age has an old soul with a love for times gone and memories that may or may not forever be in my mind.

No comments: