Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Grandpa Boxers and Granny Panties... Oh My

Don't ask me why, but driving to work today out of the blue it crossed my mind that if women wear comfortable underwear they are called "granny panties"; however, I have never heard anyone refer to any underwear that men wear as 'grandpa' underwear. Seems to me that boxers should be called Grandpa Boxers. I mean the whole reason that the granny panties are called so is because they are not flattering and often cover up much of the person that is wearing them. I suppose it's also because mostly older women are known to wear them, but come on ladies unless we have a hot date we all wear them. So to me Boxers are of the same premise. I mean not that a man looks bad in boxers, but if I'm given a choice of seeing a man in boxers or a man in briefs. I'd have to say I'm a briefs woman. So upon getting home tonight and trying to decide if I should really write about such a strange topic I googled Boxers and Briefs. To my surprise there was quiet a variety of different categories that this took me to. I found a website that sells underwear that go for as much as $140 (www.hisroom.com) for boxers, which actually are quiet nice. I also found several references to a family game. I think the most compelling one to me though was a website for a club named Boxers-N-Briefs (www.boxersnbriefs.com). It's a male strip club in Centreville Illinois. It states that they do not discriminate and they welcome people of all races, color and sex. I'm thinking this is some place I may have to check out. How about you? Anyone interested in a good show?

PS.. the briefs above can be purchased at JCPennies in case you were wondering.

No comments: