Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My Blogging 1 Year Anniversary

It's hard to believe it's been a year. Seems to me though I find myself saying that a lot these days. It's hard to believe so many things. I find myself these past few weeks in a mood to reflect, but not so much in writing. There are some feelings that you just can't convey into writing no matter how hard you try. Yesterday as I was walking I found myself thrown back in time thinking to a time when I had walked home from work late at night over more than ten miles of road. My uncle Roger has made me promise never again to do that and to call him no matter what time of day or night. That was in the later half of the 90's. It saddened me that as I walked and remembered that he's no longer with us today. This picture of what we always called "cat tails" I took the picture of on my walk on Monday. They also took me back to days of my youth. We lived along a railroad track and we were always playing with these things. They were our toys of our own choosing you might say. So many memories that seem like I could just reach back to yesterday and pull into this very moment. Funny how in one way they seem so long ago and in another they feel as if they just happened. Time is a precious gift that goes way too quickly. It just keeps reminding me that I should enjoy my time and not work it away. My neighbor that lost his wife last year has been giving me a lot of items from his home. He's in his late eighties. He talks about how he feels his life winding down. I know as he gives me these items that he's preparing to leave life behind him. It's sad to think of. I take the items and always smile, but a little piece of my heart breaks each time as I think of how lonely he must feel. He has no one left here. He's all alone except for his cat and dog and his neighbors. Life is precious and this year has gone by so quickly. It's been a good year. Hopefully we'll be counting many more in the future.

3 comments:

Joe said...

Congratulations on your first year! I hope you've enjoyed sharing your thoughts with all of us as much as we have enjoyed reading them! I am looking forward to another year as a fellow blogger - and - a friend.

Good job!

Sheila said...

I've very much so enjoyed sharing my stories and I thank you for giving me a little nudge.

ida said...

i personally cant beleive its only been a year. its been a fantastic on with you sheila.