Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Mistakes, I've Made A Few!


I believe this is one of the busiest weekends I have had in a long long time. Yesterday I started off with a trip to "Ryan's" restaurant in Auburn with my parents and my niece and nephew. Then a little light shopping, of course home to get my walk in. I couldn't possibly not have walked as gorgeous as it was yesterday. Then I had an evening at the Allen County Fair planned with my brother and my niece and nephew. We bought them wrist bands and so they got to go nuts. They kept riding rides and doing the slides over and over again. They also enjoyed Elephant ears and the Horse show along with looking at the various other animals that were there. Four hours later and oh my aching legs and even though the kids could have stayed all night it was time for them to go home and get baths. Then after that I got the opportunity to spend some time with some of my graduating class. It was nice to just sit and relax and listen to others talk of times gone by and of their life as it is today. I think I actually have caught a few of them off guard with the way I am now. You see in high school I was quiet. I didn't say a lot and I wasn't as opinionated as I am now. I also wasn't an open book. I am definitely an open book now. Sometimes so much so that it startles people. One of the things we discussed last night was mistakes that have been made. Lord knows I've made more than my fair share of mistakes. Mistakes make us who we are today though. We learn from them and hopefully move on and as one of my classmates said last night we hopefully never repeat them. During the night it was obvious we all have made mistakes and have made choices that have brought us great joy and even success in some cases. I worry about one classmate though for the choice they are about to make could be a big one. Yet the thing that is so miraculous about mistakes is that they are all our own to make and rarely would we allow someone to talk us out of them. I would also have you know that the person who says they have never made a mistake is either not human or is lying. I simply listened last night. I said little about this persons decision. The thought that went through my mind was that the grass is always greener on the other side. Yet I am not hearing the whole situation I am sure and as I said a person's life is their own to live. I came home around 1:30 in the morning completely exhausted and so wrapped up a very busy Saturday. Sunday was a little less busy. Lunch at Pizza Hut with family and then of course home for my walk and then to a cook out with my friend Vinnie. I wasn't great company tonight. I had a raging headache. I felt awful for having been poor company, but the food was good and listening to the families and friends chatter was warm and welcoming at least. I wrapped up my evening by vacuuming, dusting, doing laundry and writing out bills. It was a good weekend, but a very busy one. One where I really had a lot I needed to get done that I didn't... Perhaps it's another mistake, but I somehow doubt it. One mistake I never want to make is not having time for family and friends. In a blink of an eye family and friends can be gone. The work will always be there tomorrow. So
yes, mistake I have made a few, but then again, who hasn't?

1 comment:

ida said...

i wish i had known about the reunion. i have really wanted to go to one of these. i am glad you had a nice time.