Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Mold is in No Way my Friend

So last week during my week off on my very first day of vacation I started taking a sinus infection. I got the fever and really sore and tender to the touch face with all the gross other things we'll just not mention at this time. I kept a headache pretty much the entire week. I still had a lot of fun on my vacation though with all the birthday festivities and such, but it took the wind out of my sail one might say. It left me a little on the lazy and not feeling up to going the extra mile side. I slept a lot more than I would have. I didn't get my spring cleaning done, although towards the end I got a good start on it. So today I was still not feeling the greatest and my breathing was really really off. It wasn't a good thing at all. I was sitting talking with my mom, I keep telling you all she's great, and she noticed my breathing and coughing and wheezing and being a mom she asked me if my allergies were acting up due to the high mold count. High mold? Sure enough upon checking the mold counts are extremely high today for this time of year. I checked the yard and mold is growing on the trees. I haven't really noticed this except in the spring or the fall before but my mother assures me it's normal during "Dog Days"? Anyway, I am highly allergic to the mold on trees and other types up to and including Penicillin. So I don't always take my Nasacort AQ, I usually save it to take only when absolutely have to. It's a steroid and unless I have to I don't use it. After speaking with mom I went home and used it though and just like that my breathing has improved a lot. Still not perfect but oh so much better. I always take Zyrtec daily. Nasacort with insurance though runs me $52 a bottle so I don't take it everyday. I find I really don't have to and my sinus don't dry out as badly if I don't anyway. When I need it though it's nice to know I have it around. So if you're like me and allergic to mold you might want to get that medication running through your body. Mold is in no way my friend.

No comments: