Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Year Tomorrow....

.................................. May 1988 - June 21, 2008............................
Yes, I'm going to be a crazy cat lady and pay respect to my beloved cat Basil. Tomorrow will be a year since he passed away. I still miss him and I still catch myself expecting him to be in places where he isn't anymore. I know I know I'm delusional or something but I have that purring sound in my bathroom again. It started about two weeks ago. Basil use to sit on the edge of the tub and watch me wash my face or do miscellaneous things. His purr was always so loud I was sure it would cause him to fall off the tubs edge. Last year when I heard it I had bees and took it as his warning me so this time when I first heard it I took a flashlight and went out hunting for bees around my ceiling. Didn't find any. I'm unsure of why the sound is back. Perhaps Basil just wanted to make sure I remembered him or maybe them dog gone bees will be reappearing. Either way there is no way I would have forgotten such a wonderful friend as Basil, but seeing as tomorrow is "Dad's" day, I thought I might want to post a little something more upbeat tomorrow. So a year tomorrow around four in the afternoon I'll stop for a brief moment and pay my respects to such a wonderful friend that I still miss.

No comments: