Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Me, WOWO and You!

So I managed my first walk today. Did a fifty minute walk in my own neighborhood. I put on my Walkman and listened to WOWO radio. I Love to listen to them except for when Rush Limbaugh is on there and I personally think he's a complete idiot so I won't listen to their radio program when he's on it. The other hosts I don't always agree with their opinions but I respect most of what they say so I listen. In my walk I saw a lot of things, like this auto or digital sign up above that is right in front of the Indiana Department of Transportation. I really think this sign is way too cool! The plot of land that sits in front of the Indiana Department of Transportation though has been for sale for the last ten years that I have lived in this neighborhood. I think they have trouble selling this property because there is only one way in and out of this neighborhood making it not the easiest place in the world to get in and out of for a business. Either way I am happy it sits empty because less traffic. It would be a good location for some business though and look at it this way they wouldn't have to worry about the ice and snow in the winter not being plowed. Those guys are on top of it, I know. I saw a lot of things on my walk. Two dead snakes and a dead chipmunk... along with two praying mantis. What a cool insect the praying mantis is. I love looking at them. They are way too cool. I did help the one out of the road and onto the grass. I was afraid he would get squished. So I made it through my first walk. I do need a treadmill really bad so I can walk after work in my house and being that I am infinitely poor if anyone knows of where I could pick one up cheap I'd be happy to know where. I thought it only fair that I took you along for my walk though so I made sure to click several pictures with my cell phone and posted them on here. It was also nice to see neighbors throwing up there hand in support of my walk. I also stopped and took the time to talk to one of my neighbors who is still going through his wife's stuff. He lost his wife in September after sixty three years of marriage, but he's doing his best to go on. I admire his spirit and spunk. So I challenge each and everyone of you to get a walk program of your own going and if you feel so inclined send me some of your own pictures that you take on these walks to post. I would love to share them. What is it they say... Get up and get moving! Oh and try not to lose your heads like these guys here below.

No comments: