Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Monday, October 20, 2008

Inside The Person

It’s not easy being green. Oh, wait! That would be Kermit the frog. What presses us to go after things in life? Anyone out there ever wonder where we get that fire or that drive to press on even in our darkest hour? I do. It’s been a trying couple of weeks for me. I’ve had three infections, a nasty cold, an allergic reaction to some kind of food that is as of yet undetermined and now I have a cough that takes my breath away from this cold I am trying to get over. Yet I have managed to walk some every day. Maybe I didn’t walk as much as I am suppose to, but I managed to walk some. Today I got up not feeling the greatest. I kind of feel blah, but I put on my walking shoes and took a forty-five minute walk. Why? Because I was told I should. Because I was told it was in the best interest of my health. Right now I have that drive to continue even though it would be so easy to say no, not today and let it slide. What happens when the cold and the snow come though? I’m thinking it’s only going to get harder with each pressing day. Right now the fall colors cheer you on. Old man winter is not that supportive. He often beats us down more than he pulls us up. Then there is the fact that I am afraid to walk or drive on ice. I have a fear that just grips me so hard that I can literally feel my heart beating in my chest when I have to do either. So that is going to be a blocker. I could walk at the mall or walk in the building at work I suppose. I still want a treadmill so I can do it in the comfort of my own living room, but I suppose unless we get another stimulus check here shortly that will have to be a pipe dream for now. Either way I want to press on. I want to feel better. I want a healthier life style. So inside there is something driving me. Something I’m not sure I really understand. It’s an inner strength I didn’t know was there. A strength that’s there when you’re walking, even listening to the radio you have time to contemplate. So what is it that is inside the person? What is it that can pull us through and give us the strength we need? I believe it’s a guiding force. I believe we don’t ever walk alone. I believe God is there to help us if we let Him. What ever your belief you have to admit that no matter what you always feel something inside you that is driving you to do the things you do. No matter what you want to call it, it’s there. There is an inner struggle to do the right thing for yourself or for others. It’s a gorgeous day out. Writing this believe it or not has helped my blah feeling and I’m starting to feel better. So what do you see when you look deep inside yourself? What inner strengths do you find? Is it easy? Is it hard? Is it something that makes you stop and wonder? What is inside the person that you are?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree that i am also afraid to walk or drive on ice too. driving i just add more time unless it is totally redukulas to even try. the walking will just not happen. i refuse to get hit by a car. so i will eithor walk the mall. or my high school. where my daughter goes stays open every week day between 4 and 6 for the public. i will have to check back with the gym teacher to confirm this. but i am sure your school does too. and its nice to have you to report too about my walking successes or failures. lol i am only keeping it real.

Anonymous said...

Keep going Sheila no matter what the weather. Dress in layers. Walk in the edge of peoples yards if you have to. Buy some cleets they really work. They are unconfortable, but they really work. We want you to feel better!!! Go to the mall or what ever! Your driving force can be there are people who want you stay around and want you healthy!