Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

To Eat or Not to Eat...


I love food. You might say it's my drug of choice. It doesn't seem to like me anymore on so many levels. I'm trying to make healthier choices and get the weight off that years of allowing myself to eat to fill the voids of my life have caused along with illness. I'm doing fairly well at it, even though it is taking what seems like forever. So much easier to put on than to take off. My problem I have had for the last few months though is puzzling at best. I feel fine in the days as long as I don't eat. I will have energy and my allergies will seem nonexistent. As soon as I eat though I get to feeling tired, listless and my cough comes back. I will cough so hard my throat will get sore. My sinus will start in and it's just not pretty. What foods you might ask? I haven't found any to date that don't do this. Today I felt really good when I got out of bed. Did fine until I ate. About four hours after eating I was feeling good again. Went to dinner and ate completely different foods and have felt like crap every since. Perhaps the allergist will be able to clarify it for me, but it's frustrating at best. So my choice every day is to eat or not to eat and if I do then what?

3 comments:

ida said...

wow sheila. i dont know what to say. i am on a "new" diet. its really the diet i used to get into the military and stay in. last week i cut out caffen in my diet. this week vending machines. next week i will be reducing my sugars by half if not more (easy to do with the tea), then the following week i will start cutting out processed food. at that point i will also start really looking at how many calories i am really shoving into my body. then i will work down from there to the old salad, fruit, yogart, now and then a steak or hamburgar diet with some seafood and chicken. so right now i am at the early stages. i am working my way to a better healthier ida. its sad when food is my "crack" of choice too.

Ritchie said...

I know where you are coming from on eating to fill the void. I put on about 25 lbs since my divorce. I eat when I am depressed. I guess you could say it is my drug of choice as well. I didn't realize that you weren't doing well with food. Hum. I am hoping to see my ideal weight around the end of the year, but I have to get motiviated to loose the weight.

ida said...

the food swept me back in. havent quit the machines or coffee at work. sigh. its got to happen. really.