Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Cookie Cutter Life

It won't come as a shock to anyone if I say life can really beat you down sometimes. Especially in these days of people being so fearful of the economy and a younger generation that doesn't recall what it was like to try and help your fellow human being get a step up in life. It seems it's all about me these days. No I don't mean me personally but when you talk to people they don't talk about how they can help others or how they can help each other, but more and more what do I do to make sure I get further than anyone else. Anyone remember when the logic (and it worked) was help each other and it helps you to get along too? Anymore the working world and society in general seem to want cookie cutter people. It's like a long row of Stepford people who can't think for themselves. Can't have tonal vocalizations any different than anyone else and heaven forbid you should have an opinion. Instead you are suppose to sit ideally by and watch the world go by while accepting anything and everything that is done to you or thrown at you. I for one don't really like the idea of lets all be the same. I like indifference in that it keeps life from getting boring. No I don't like confrontation (use to). You don't have to be confrontational to have an opinion. Either way this year I am trying to just go by undetected on the radar of most people. I don't intend to help for the most part unless I have to. I know that sounds so selfish, but I am so tired of trying to help and being labeled and outcast for it. It doesn't do much good to try and warn people anyway. They don't listen and then even have the nerve to try to make it out to be your fault or something you do when the very thing you tried to warn them of bites them in the rear. So I sound cynical I suppose. Don't get me wrong I won't refuse my friends of family help if they want it. I'm just going to try not to bring anything to anyone's attention. I'm tired and warn to the part that it's starting to have serious medical ramifications. I'm not as strong as I one time was. Maybe I'll get back there but for now I just need some low key and non evasive living. But not cookie cutter. I am afraid if you keep looking for me to fit that cookie cutter mold you're going to be straining your eyes. I was not born of cookie cutter material. Not in my stock. Maybe we'll find some median ground? I dunno. I just know that it's been a long week and a long year and it's only February 10Th. Wow. What do you think? Do you like the cookie cutter lifestyle? Know anyone who tries to be the head baker? Get this and read it twice. Life won a long time ago. Everyone else needs to get a number and get in line. Just my opinion though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a very factual post. i still warn people. but, i am not into the big warning anymore. sigh. they think i am nuts, then try and say i had inside info. no, no inside info. just the knowledge the i beleive God is telling me.

Anonymous said...

I don't fit the cookie cuter either. And, YES, life has really betten me down over the last while. I just do my best to get up and go to work, come home, and start all over again.