Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!


Valentines Day is suppose to be the day of love. I say everyday should be a day to celebrate love if you have it. I mean why just pick one day and fill it full of monetary items? Everyone should be telling the one that they love that they do so daily. Just my opinion. I also am one of those people that would prefer random acts on days with no meaning. I mean it's great when a guy buys you a present for no reason other than he loves you. Now it's been a few years since a man has done that for me, but that is OK. I have my memories and I am quiet happy with my single life. Today isn't just about those that you are in love with or a relationship with. All your loved ones should be thought of and remembered. My mom and dad both got me flowers today. The flower arrangement is from my dad and the two single pink roses from my mom. Aren't they great? My parents that is. The flowers are nice, but I love my parents. Just thought I would share. Happy Valentines Day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a happy valentiens day. The flowers look great! I have been broke for so long that being broke is like an old friend. I was thinking that yesterday afternoon coming out of Scotts on North Clinton. I am just used to being broke. I was home by 4:30 yesterday. Wipped out by 6pm and in bed by 9pm (dozed on the couch from 8-9). Again, Happy valentines day!

Anonymous said...

they are very pretty. i agree with you. last year i taught a good friend of mine that. his mom was very sick with her heart problems and i told him to send her some roses. he thought i was nuts at first, then i got on him and said well when do you want her to enjoy them now or when she is dead. he went at lunch time and sent her the roses. from what i was told she was very pleased and very happy with him. he may be an old dog but he can learn new tricks. :)

happy valentines day sheila.

i wasnt on much yesterday i was still in morning for my dad. yesterday was the day we buried him back in 1999. take care my friend.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Ten years all ready? I remember I had the flu when your dad died. Of course what January, February or March don't I. Mom says she still misses her dad and he's been dead since I was 16 months old. I don't think that is something we ever get over.