Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Saturday, December 13, 2008

How Blessed I Am!

Day two. The doctor is right on track with what he told me to expect. I feel like I have the worlds worst cold. No black eyes. Sleep is still my best friend at this juncture. I actually had a salesman come to my door today though. I told him I didn't feel well. He was trying to sell me FIOS. I went to the door with my big bandage on my nose. I told him I had just had surgery. I was trying to get him to go away. He didn't even act like he heard me so I had to tell him I all ready have FIOS and I'm not interested in your speech, but thanks. I did realize how lucky I am though. I have such a wonderful support system of family and friends and co-workers. I have one friend that has more than once offered to come over and perform Raki on me. It's a form of energy placement to help in the healing process. It might make me feel better, but I am just a person that when I don't feel well I'd rather be by myself and just sleep. Not to mention my house is a wreck and I'm not up to cleaning it. He also offered to get me items I might need if I needed them to. Along with several of my other friends checking in with me to see how I am and if I need anything else. My friend Chris offered to take me to my surgery or appointments or anything else. I truly am blessed with the text messages and emails and calls that have pored in along with a card wishing me a quick recovery. I have had a wonderful support group around me during this whole process. They have listened to me and my nervous chatter before and they have all checked on me after. I thank God for each and every one of you. I'm healing. I feel pretty crappy today, but as I said it's all on schedule with what I was told to expect. Thank you for the thoughts and prayers. You'll never know how much it means. OK. Time for more sleep. Catch you all later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

get all the rest you need now becouse this wont last for long and you'll be back at work. so cuddle up with that pillow and just sleep. love ida