Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Family Tradition and Snow

Well, if you don't like what you saw today you can easily blame my mother and me. We have a family tradition of every year doing a mother and daughter day out of Christmas Shopping. Now it's true I had mine done, but I still love going with her. Every year when we go, with only the exception of last year, it's always snowing and blowing. So today when I got up and saw the weather I couldn't help but grin from ear to ear. It was pretty and phobia's have no place when it's a day for me to be with my mom, so I pushed fear aside and forged out to meet my mom and dad for a little Chinese food before shopping. Who could ask better than Chinese food and spending time with family? We sat and talked and ate and laughed. Mom and I chuckled at the weather as we watched it appear to get worse and worse. That would not stop our festivities though. After lunch dad set out on his own and mom and I headed to Kmart. Yeah along with the shopping there is always a stop at Kmart. After we found our items from mom to dad that he had put on his list we then headed out to Big Lots. Seems to me we should have gone there first. They have lots and lots of stuff and their prices are good. We hit up the dollar store and a few other choice locations. Then home to wrap her treasures she had found. The weather actually seemed to get a little better and a little warmer. Didn't matter to me. It was mother and daughter time. I wonder how many other families have these traditions. I also wonder if any of them enjoy it and spend it happy like my mom and I do. And just in case you could care little about my shopping trip today, I wondered if you might be interested in buying a Pink or Purple tree? Are they for real? I know my friend Joe put the pink Pig on his site, but I'm thinking Pink Christmas trees might trump pink pigs. You let me know. Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I am not fond of that tree either .. but at least it isa tree and a part of Christmas ... unlike a pig!

Anonymous said...

kids like those trees. a few years ago they started having those trees and they were barbie trees and they cost back then about 49 or 59 dollars. there was no way i was buying that so i did get a small tree that was prelit. now they are alot cheeper and they arent barbie trees eithor. lol....

we put the tree up together every year. this year she put the lights on the tree herself. she didnt do a bad job. plus we like to do the after thanksgiving thing. though i will never wait in a long line on black friday outside in the cold again. :)

you mom is looking good.

Anonymous said...

Hey Joe... A pig can be part of Christmas. Some people have them for dinner! LOL... Granted I don't think they'll be wearing a Santa hat.