Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Monday, December 15, 2008

Keeping Watch

During my time of recovery I have barely gotten out of bed for anything. I want to heal to the best of my ability and I don't want to risk anything going wrong. So I have gone from bedroom to sofa in the living room pretty much. I have on a couple of occasions went next door and used the recliner in my parents living room, but other than that it's been pretty much laying around, maybe watching TV, reading a little or surfing the web. That is when I'm awake. I have sufficiently since Friday mastered the art of the thirty minute nap. During all this time my dog has barely left my side. This picture is of her laying at my feet on the sofa; however, the first day and second day I was home she would lay right beside me just as close as she could get. My dad said she was worried about me. He came over to check on me several times, often I was asleep and he said she wouldn't budge. She was right by my side. As I said before I have had a marvelous support system of family and friends. This also goes for my beloved pets who have stayed right there with me the whole time as well. I believe a good support system is the key to getting through anything in life. If you have supportive friends and family there isn't anything you can't get through. So I'm thankful for this. I'm also thankful that all I had to have done was a little surgery on my sinus's. My friend Anna is in New York right now at a hospital that specializes in Cancer treatment. She underwent on the day before my surgery, the 11Th, a double mastectomy and reconstructive surgery and she is currently in the process of recovering from that. If all goes well she will be released from the hospital tomorrow but still won't get to come home to Fort Wayne. She has to go back for more test and such next week. At least her family will all be with her no matter where she is on the holidays. They are there with her. They say one in eight women will have breast cancer. This means that all of us will probably have it affect our life at some point. I pray for her and her family and I pray that she will get through this to see her three beautiful children grow into loving adults. She has a website set up with updates. I know some of you know her so if you want the address let me know. Those who don't if you have a little extra prayer left in you her family could use it. Again, Thanks for everything and Happy Holidays.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my sister had breast cancer. i'm praying for your friend. and yes, i get checked. and you should too. :) love ida

Anonymous said...

I hope your friend is ok. I hope she makes a speedy recovery.