Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Forge On

You are in charge of your own emotions. You are also in charge of the way you choose to perceive things. In life you will either be a pessimist or an optimist. Now whether you agree with me on any of this or not, it’s just my opinion, you and I both know it’s true. There isn’t one person out there in this life that doesn’t have some kind of trouble or problem going on in their life. Every one of us could get up every day and start thinking about all the bad things that are going on in our life. We could constantly complain about how bad life sucks and how we don’t have this or that. We could whine and bask in our own misery. I don’t know about you but that really doesn’t sound like a lot of fun to me. I choose to look at the positives in my life. I woke up this morning and didn’t have any aches for once. I got to the health club in a timely manner and got my workout done. I found a pair of shoes for my evening out on Thursday (can’t always wear sneakers) and I got to work in time to do a walk before my shift. Yes it is raining out, but it isn’t SNOW. That is just one example of finding the positives. Now I know there are days that is just too hard to do. A friend of mine lost her boyfriend in a car crash yesterday afternoon. I’m sure it will be a while before she can get up and find the positives easy to reach for. It was also hard the morning I got up and had an email telling me good bye from my friend Andy and then finding out he had ended his life. I still tried though. I wrapped my mind around the fact that I have family and friends that love me. I dwelled on the fact that I still had today to live and I tried to think about the fact that he had done what he chose to do. So, yes, I do understand it’s not always easy to be positive, but in this life you can choose to laugh or you can choose to cry. You can walk around thinking about everything that is going wrong, or you can choose to think about everything that has gone right. If there are things you don’t like about your life though and they are within your ability to change them, then you should do what you must to change it. Don’t sit around wishing they would change or that someone would change them for you. We can control our own destinies. I believe that. So forge on with your day with a positive attitude. Believe that you are worth your own efforts to succeed and be happy. Whatever you do… remember to smile, laugh and love as often as you can because life is to short and it would be a shame not to have as much happiness as you can while you’re here.

1 comment:

ida said...

amen to that. i am sadden about what you found in your email box. God bless you Sheila.