Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Time To Kill...

No, no, no! I am not out for blood here. I just thought I would take a moment to suggest, if anyone is looking, a good book and a great movie to you for consideration. If you haven't seen the movie "A Time To Kill", you really should. The movie stars, Mathew McConaughey (always a pleasure to look at), Sandra Bullock, Samuel L. Jackson, Kevin Spacey, Donald Sutherland (Keifer's daddy in real life), Kiefer Sutherland, Oliver Platt and Ashley Judd. Now how can anyone argue with a cast like that to begin with? The story is simple but it keeps you hooked whether you are watching the movie or reading the book. Two good old boys in Mississippi rape and brutalize a ten year old girl of color. Then her dad does what I think any dad would want to do. He takes their lives. The attorney played by Mathew McConaughey, takes on the case of defending this dad in a mostly white, somewhat redneck community. It is a movie and a book that is sure to make one think and I personally could not help but put myself in the place of the characters. How far would you go to prove someone innocent if you felt you would have done the same thing in their shoes? This is the question that faces the young attorney. As he struggles to fight the nagging thought that he too might have done the same had they done this to his daughter he also struggles to save his marriage and his dying business all at the same time. The book is, as are most books, more detailed and goes into quiet a bit more character development. Either way both are a win win if you're looking for a good movie or a good read. I have both so if you're a friend you can always see me for a loaner. ;)

No comments: