Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Hardest Choices

The hardest choices are by far those of the heart. Sometimes life's choices aren't what we want, but rather what we know is right. Making the right choice can be a difficult thing, especially when making it separates you from someone who thinks you walk on water. Someone who completes you in every way. That in itself is so rare and so heart breaking on so many levels to find and then have to tell the person friendship is all there will ever be. There is an old Reba song that is so strongly burning in my mind today. The song: "One Promise Too Late" resonates so deeply in my heart that it aches. No, I'm not the one who made the promise, but I stand behind the fact that if one makes that promise if at all possible they should keep it. I also know I would never be able to live with myself, even if there is all ready marital discord, if I put myself in a position to keep a husband from his wife. So choices we make have an affect on so many things and people other than ourselves. Funny how I think that one of the reason's so many marriages fail today is that people jump into their relationships and sex and marriage way to quickly. They are looking for the dream without realizing that they are letting it slip through their hands. The person you spend your life with, as I stated earlier, should complete you. You should want to be their everything and them yours. I think there is more than one person out there for each of us that can do that. I've been lucky in one way to feel that way twice now in my life. Unfortunately I don't think either of them is the person I should be with at this point. I do hope my knight in shining armor is out there though. The person who will be with me and that will see past my flaws. The person that is so comfortable with me that they can tell me anything and know that I love them so much that it won't matter to me what they say. Seems to me lately I have had so many life choices to make. I'm happy though. Don't let this little rambling of my emotions catch you off guard or make you think otherwise. I know as I write this that person will read it too, which, makes it a little hard to write. Friendship is a good thing. Friendship sometimes can be more fulfilling than a relationship. I care deeply for this person and I want them to be happy. I want them to fulfill their dreams and from what I have heard from them they can accomplish that where they are. It's their decision and their life though. We all chose our path every day. We can chose to be happy. We can chose to be upset by the what might have been scenario. I chose to be happy. What do you chose for yourself today?

1 comment:

ida said...

if your talking about me....you and i both know i need to choose happyness more. i will choose that.