Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Snake in the Gr.. uh Path

Saturday while taking a walk on my lunch break at work, I walked the paths surrounding the building as I always do. I wasn't particularly paying attention to what was in front of me and as a matter of fact I was vtexting messages to different friends while walking. So on my second pass around the building I glimpsed ahead and saw what I thought was a brown stick laying across the path. I stepped over it and heard a loud hissing sound. I turned around to see the stick had curled up. Nope guess it wasn't a stick after all. After my heart started beating again I noticed the little guy was running off. Apparently he wasn't in the mood to put up with me either and was a little more than annoyed I had disturbed his rest period. I quickly snapped these two photo's of the little guy as he left. I think I'll call him Sammy the snake. No reason, just went through my head. Perhaps I speak snake and that is what he told me. I dunno. I do know I went on along my walk and was very careful from there forward to watch my step. The little guy was probably eighteen to twenty-four inches long and about 1/4Th to 1/2 inches thick. I don't have a clue what kind of snake he was and although it made for a little excitement and I was working on getting my heart rate up, I hope he's made his last visual appearance on my behalf.



2 comments:

ida said...

i would have fainted.

Ritchie said...

Not sure what kind of snake that is. The fact that it curled up isn't a good thing. Be careful.