Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

My Update...

Progression is the key we all look for when we are doing anything. I have been avoiding the scale as per my doctors directive as I have been working on the toning of my body to where I have it at this time. I have started back on the heavy cardiovascular and weight loss as of this past week though and I am loving every minute of it. A great portion of that is walking outside and as mother nature shines down on me there is nothing to clear the old cob webs out of ones mind like a nice brisk walk. I love it and I highly recommend it to everyone. I feel great for the most part, bar having done way too much exercise recently and my muscles revolting with soreness, but I still forge on. People ask me constantly how I do it. I mean how do I do the weight loss and how do I push myself to continue on this path. It's simple to me. I have a vision and a goal. Just like anything you want in life if you want it badly enough you'll push yourself and work for it. Also, if there is anything I've learned over the past couple of years journey is that I am capable of doing about whatever I set my mind to. A little pain isn't going to stop me from getting what I want. After all life isn't suppose to be easy and pain free. It's always a little amusing to me when people ask me how I'm doing the weight loss and toning and I say diet and hard exercise. I know they want me to say some magical surgery or some diet pill, but that just isn't so. I put in at least 5 days a week and anywhere from 2 to 4 hours at a time at the health club. I also take several walks, right now as of this past week about 20 miles a week and working up to more. To be quiet honest I don't think I would appreciate it as well as I have if it had been some magical concoction rather than my own hard work and determination. It's not easy... I mean when you've got an option of sleeping your full eight hours or waking up after five or six so you can get to the gym and work out before work it's awfully tempting to give into sleep and I'd be lying if I said on occasions I didn't do just that. I also carry a picture that I laminated with me at all times to remind me of where I have been and never want to go back to. It's just one of my little ways of keeping on track. I have found that on days I don't get to the health club to do workouts I don't feel quiet as good as I do on the days where I do make it. This is another incentive to me to get up and go. I know once I've been there I'm going to be rewarded with a calm and feeling of good health. One thing that never ceases to amaze me at the gym is how many people are not truly there to work out. I mean you have the seniors club that is there to socialize and get out of the house and God bless them for moving and keeping fit in the process. Then you have the ones who go to the health club and hope that somehow by looking at or sitting on the equipment they will automatically reap the benefits of hard exercise and get in shape. Following these are the ones who use the health club as a dating tool. I have never been hit on or asked out so much in my entire life and I'm not really that great of a catch in looks, at least I don't think. One definitely finds a wide array of characters lurking about while there. Me? I don't mind talking to people or even having a friendly conversation, but I am there to work out and get healthy. I make sure I hit my machines and I stay active while I am there. If you want to talk to me you'll more than likely have to follow me from machine to machine and station to station. Then heaven help me, but guys I am going to let you in on a secret... I don't know if what I am about to say is true for all women, I somehow so think it is, but if I'm exercising it is not a good pick up line to come over and act all macho and try to show me how to do what I am doing, especially when I am doing it the way my trainer has told me to. It's also not wise to call me little lady or sweet heart and pretend like you have more right to be there than I do. I just don't get that one at all. I can see my friends right now that know me so well rolling on the floor laughing at the image of what was said to and how it was received of the guys who've tried this crap with me. Go ahead, laugh, take a minute and compose. So if you're done laughing? I'm hoping this summer will find me hitting my goal weight and getting in the best physical condition I can possibly get in. I know what I want. I have a goal and my eye is on the prize. Anyone care to join me?

1 comment:

ida said...

lol i can see it and i am laughting. never the less my daughter has joined you in the goal of fitness. and is nagging me to do it also. i am getting better on my eating. and the walking is getting more frisky. i'm just not the 17 year old freaking out and wanting to join the military. that was the year i lost 40 pounds. and people asked me the same thing how did you do it? lol i told them and they didnt want to beleive me. good for you for doing the right thing.