Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Nadene Slone Johnson


Nadene Slone Johnson
Born in Knott County on Mar. 30, 1950
Departed on Dec. 1, 2009 and resided in Prestonsburg, KY.
Growing up and even as an adult I knew very little of my cousin Nadene. I saw her only a handful of times; however, I had great admiration for her and the kind of person she was. Nadine took on the job of raising her brothers and sisters and to them was more than likely more of a mother than a sister. She had a heart of gold and a soul I am sure to match. She will be missed.

Name: Nadene Slone Johnson Age: 59 of: Prestonsburg, KY formerly of Knott County Date of Birth: March 30, 1950 Where: Knott CountyDate of Death: Tuesday, December 1, 2009 Where: Highlands Regional Medical Center, Prestonsburg, KentuckyFacts of Importance: Disabled Factory WorkerParents: Daughter of the late Sherman & Herma Jean SloneHusband or Wife: Wife of the late Ray Johnson Other Survivors: Two Brothers: Ernie Slone & Doug Slone both of Prestonsburg, Kentucky; Three Sisters: Vonda (Duck) Gibson of Martin, Kentucky, Wilma (Manford) Watts of Crestwood, Kentucky & Juanita (Grant) Nelson of Paintsville, Kentucky; A Host of Nieces, Nephews, Family & FriendsDeceased Relatives: Parents; Two Sisters: Belinda Vanhoose & Bonnie Slone Time and Place of Services: Friday, December 4, 2009 at 11 A.M. at Nelson Frazier Funeral Home, Hindman, KentuckyVisitation: Wednesday, December 2, 2009 at 6 p.m. at the funeral home with singing services each night at 7 p.m.Officiating: Orbin Slone & Robert SloneBurial: Huff Family Cemetery, Short Fork, Pippa Passes, KentuckyNELSON FRAZIER FUNERAL HOME, HINDMAN, KENTUCKYIN CHARGE OF ARRANGEMENTSwww.nelsonfrazierfuneralhome.com

3 comments:

ida said...

sounds like she work her butt off and never had much time for herself. God Bless her. i dont even know her and i admire her.

Anonymous said...

Sheila, Thank you so much for adding this. Nadene was not only my Sister but my BEST FRIEND AND MY MOTHER!! She gave up her life to raies her siblings. She had a heart of GOLD, if ever there was an angel on earth it was her!!! She took part of my heart with her to Heaven. I miss her and love her more than words can say!
Thank you again!!! Vonda Gibson

Sheila said...

You're more than welcome Vonda... were family and she will be missed.