Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Friday, October 23, 2009

Which Magazine is Better?

So today as I was merchandising a lady came up to me to see if I had a copy of Life & Styles, US, OK or In Touch. She went on to tell me that her teen age daughter was at home with the flu and she wanted to get her a magazine to help pass the time. I pulled out five magazines. The four she had mentioned and of course People magazine as well and I offered them to the woman. She took four of them and pushed the People magazine back at me. You know what she said? She said People magazine wasn't appropriate for a teen age girl. Huh? Can anyone out there tell me the answer to this next question? Is People really anymore inappropriate for a teen age girl than US? How about OK? In Touch? Life & Styles? Since I merchandise I see these magazines all the time and I even read them from time to time and I can honestly say in my opinion People is often a little more dignified than the others, but I can't honestly say any of them are teen age girl worthy. Now kudos to any parent for trying to do what is wright and monitor what your children read and watch, but I just don't get this one. Do you?


2 comments:

ida said...

all the mags you posted and people are just the same thing reprinted and reprinted. my teenager like hair mags, comics, and books. i like natural geographic and anything talking about God or nwo. this strange lady is strange indeed. they are all gossip rags anyways.

Ritchie said...

Aren't they all the same? None of them are appropriate reading for a teenager.