Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Friday, March 2, 2012

My Health Update...

So as you all may or may not remember I had my cervix frozen in November two days before Thanksgiving.  I don't actually go back and get the test retaken for that until April 9th to see if it killed the cancer or not, but it has definately had me somewhat nervous.  I have had to go to my gyno again though.  I started my cycle on January 24th and it just never went away.  It's still here.  Yeah.  Fun eah? So I went to the doctors last Wednesday after giving up that it was going to go away on it's own.  What do they tell me?  Basically it's a crap shoot and they don't know why it's happening.  It's not menepause.  Not enough symptoms and I know yeah I'm getting there in age, but that just isn't it.  They drew 8 tubes of blood that they are going to test my blood count, test for anemia, check my thyroid and I forget what else.  I go next Wednesday to have an Ultra sound done on my Uterus next Wednesday and to get my test results from my blood work.  What do they say could be the problem?  Well they say it could be an under active thyroid, or my uterus lining may have thinned from birth control pills or yeah they said it, it could be uteran cancer.  As usual though they assured me that probably isn't the case and even if it is we can just take the plumbing out.  Somehow that isn't real reassuring to me.  I think Doctors and Nurses and Nurse practioners all take a course in how to freak you out.  Am I right?  I know I have lots of family out here on Facebook that are medical.  Is it a lets freak you out so you'll be prepared for he worst and if not April fools?  I feel ok for the most part except for the constant bloating, cramps, back ache and headaches and lack of energy...  Yeah I know but you either have to laugh or cry.  I just hope next week we get some resolution to this.  It's been going on too long and in the end maybe it's just stress.  Good Lord knows I've had enough of that in the last four months or so.  My cousin lost her husband today.  My heart breaks for her so I know my worries are small and it could be worse, but I would appreciate prayers.  Never hurts to have others speaking to the Man up stairs on your behalf.  God Bless everyone.  Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been following you for some time now. Your blogs have been precious and to the point. May I add a thought or two.
Speaking from a male perspective, and only from a body which coded blue on three separate times on one October day in 1990, whose kidneys shut down and were on the verge of collapse, and whose body suffered from the dreaded and 'unknown' 'flesh-eating disease' at a place and position of the body you might imagine I would not want published in the New York Times, somehow I survived! Teams of doctors and nurses and one especially short Indian surgeon who could barely see me over the side of the bed (not really) gave me the strength to go on. Don't ask me about God; he left the room. I was on my own trusting in other humans. I trust that you will too. Although I cannot extend my prayers, my thoughts will be with you. I expect to see more and more blogs from you over the next few years. I can only extend this, "Muchisima buena suerte, y buen provecho en el futuro". I hope that helps somewhat. Anthony Genco

Sheila said...

Thank you so much for the comments Tony. Many hugs. It's not easy sharing, I know, but I find it helps me to think maybe I might help someone else whose reading this blog.