Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

What Would You Do for A Million Dollars...


Have you ever thought about what you might or not be capable of doing for a million dollars? I have. Have you really thought it through though? I mean in the heat of the moment that is a lot of money, but could you live with the choice you made afterwards? It's something friends and I have talked about. It's something I have given a lot and I do mean a lot of thought. We've all seen the show "Fear Factor". I miss that show. Some of those people were willing to do some really awful and gross things for just the chance at a million dollars and I'm sure their fifteen minutes of fame was in there somewhere. What do you think they would have been willing to do if it was guaranteed? This is just one thing I thought of yesterday as I was walking and yes the pictures in this blog were from yesterday so I would say the seasonal flowers are a little confused by our strange weather. Think someone promised them a million dollars?

1 comment:

ida said...

very good question sheila. remember taxes take a bite out of it. and then what have we personally promised to the Lord. lol i have personally promised to give him half. yes, half of the money. how would i do this? not at all sure but i am sure of one thing i would be directed to what i would need to do. then what would you do for friends and family. i personally wont buy a car with it. but, i would think of starting a business. perhaps trucking. get a few government contracts and go for it. employ the friends and family. provide a good health plan. for the older folks perhaps give them x amount and say do what you need to do with it. but, above all half goes to God. that is what i promised him long time ago and that is what i would do.

how to earn it. hummmm... i cant be in any reality show that makes me puke or hurts my knee. lol i cant do anything immoral for it. hummm i really dont want to play the lottery for it unless i am directed to by God. what do i mean by directed. well, back in the day when i was working nights downtown i was talking to a group of men on days on where i would buy the lottery ticket. i told them that (this was at that time) most people were winning down south in indiana and i would take it to a 475xx zip code area. then i named out the town that i would go to. and i really felt that if i would have left work that day and drove down there i would have won. in fact the winner of that lottary was a single mom that had bought her ticket in that place that i described. so that is how i would "work" on winning a million dollars. i would do what i would feel is directed to me by God. and of course he gets half.