Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Friday, September 19, 2014

The Only Way to Make Your Life Better is to get off Your Rear and Do it Yourself!

 
 
My second cousin recently posted this on his FACEBOOK page and it got me to thinking just how true this is.  I mean I have never once not gotten back to someone who's important to me and I have always made time for those I love if I can.  I know it may just be a hi or hello or a text or a phone call or even a nod on FACEBOOK but I always keep in touch with those I love in some way  For the last few months though I haven't really been spending much time with anyone.  I kind of withdrew into work and sleep.  This shouldn't be looked at as if I don't care.  I do.  I do want to make time for people but sometimes it's hard emotionally.  I've been going through a lot, especially since I had my hysterectomy emotionally.  So today I saw a counselor for the first time in years.  Yes, I've seen one before.  It felt good to talk to someone I can say everything and anything to.  I know we have friends and family that we talk to and there are some that know us so well it's scary; however, I doubt any of us tell anyone that is in our life everything.  Look at Robin Williams and his recent suicide.  Do you believe anyone really knew how badly he was feeling?  Do you believe there is anyone out there that had they known would not have done everything to help him through it?  No, I'm not suicidal.  If anyone ever says I killed myself please step up and point out this post.  No matter how bad things seem I know there is a sunny sky somewhere on the horizon.  I know that taking ones life doesn't take away ones pain, it only displaces it onto your family and friends.  So understanding that I've been fine the last while at work while I'm busy and that keeping my mind busy keeps me perked up for the most point I need to start getting back to the gym on a regular schedule and I need to get out in the world and see my friends.  I think there is nothing wrong with anyone saying I need someone to talk to.  There is nothing wrong with the recognition that you need help.  For me it was the overwhelming sadness I would feel just walking around a grocery store by myself or when I'm at home alone.  I need to find the best me and make myself happy and that is exactly what I plan on doing.  Life is precious.  None of us should just sit on the sidelines and watch it go by.  Live, Laugh and Love.  It's why we were all put here in the first place.  Love you guys. 


No comments: