Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Thursday, January 16, 2020

Skin Tone and our Savior


Praying for people is not always easy.  It’s what we are called to do by God, but it’s not always easy to follow that rule.  I will do it.  I do it daily.  What do I mean by this?  It’s easy… yesterday I was notating/commenting on someone’s post.  I have that post saved and all commentary.  Let me first tell you that this person is very full of herself and self-actualization.  It would have been easy to get angry at her and fly off the handle, but no through the grace of God all I felt for her was sadness.  She’s lost in an inability to look at the broad scope of what I was trying to say to her.  Anger is a wasted emotion.  She allowed a comment someone put on Facebook on Christmas Eve to get into her soul and eat at her to the point she felt compelled to write about it.  Let me tell you that this woman is not short on words either.  She can go on for days and say little to nothing.  I tried to get her to understand that her anger towards this man and her post written about him did nothing more than to justify him doing it again.  I understand that the law must stop abusive behaviors.  I understand that she has as much a right to voice her opinion as he did; however, that being said if he read her post he smiled from ear to ear as people like that are trying to get a rise out of people.  It’s their whole point.  It’s the game they play in hopes that they will get people talking about them and their point of view.  She also called Christmas Eve as a Holy day.  It’s not the day that is holy.  It’s what we do with it when we worship God that is holy.  She also was walking on the very thing she stated she was fighting for which is equality of religion.  Now whether this guy is religious or not could be debated but why go there.  He stated his opinion.  He made a vulgar post to most that to him was not vulgar.  She was also taken back by the fact that he as much as called Baptist Atheist.  I’m Baptist and he can call me whatever he likes.  It matters not.  Did our Lord and savior Jesus not get called a false prophet?  People lash out at what they do not understand.  The devil lashes out at anything that is righteous.  The people of God will be crucified for following His word.  Now she’s a politician so I guess she has to spin it.  I had a laugh when she stated she was a lapse Catholic.  Anyone out there know what exactly that is?  I imagine it means she professes to be Catholic but doesn’t follow or practice it except for when it suites her needs.  I’m writing this post out of humor.  I had a good laugh on her behalf yesterday and I felt sorry for her at the same time.  I put a post and tagged her in it because it was so long and I wanted dual color to continue the conversation with her on my blog.  It didn’t name her and it held no picture of her.  She threatened to sue me for using her intellectual property and her image and name.  well the two later I didn’t use and the first one first assumes as she claims that her written post on Facebook is one intellectual and two as she stated creative.  I guess some people would call an anger post written because you’d been allowing a silly post to crawl up under your skin and live there for a couple of weeks creative.  I personally didn’t find anything very creative about it.  First off it was all about race.  I’m so tired of people trying to split everything up into race.  I personally don’t find it racist to have a picture of a white Jesus, a black Jesus or any color you want.  It comforts people.  What color was Jesus?  Well since he was middle eastern I would assume olive or darker of skin tone.  Does it matter?  No.  I don’t know anywhere in the Bible where it debates his skin tone.  She’s missing the whole point of Christ.  She also said what would Jesus do more than once in her post.  Jesus would forgive.  Jesus would not care what color they made his skin.  God created all people and all races.  He loves them all equally and He could make Jesus any color he wanted.  He did have a virgin bride after all did He not?  Our only job as a Godly people is to live the way God wants us to.  To honor him.  She stated it’s basically our job to police people like this guy.  Ok, if it offended her so much she could have done what you’re supposed to do and sent the post to Facebook as offensive and they could have dealt with it.  This woman is not judge and jury.  It’s not her job to jump to this gentleman’s defense by writing a post that has no more help for him, but perhaps looks to further her needs and her agenda.  If she wanted to defend him why not do it on that post to that gentleman who was saying these things?  She also didn’t answer any of my questions in my post to her but wanted to meet.  My time is too valuable to meet with someone who wants nothing more than to beat her point of view into my mind.  There are several things I’d like to know about her out of curiosity such as does she believe in Jesus?  Is she pro-life or pro-choice?  They are only idle curiosities though.  When it comes to politics I vote the way I feel Jesus and God would want me to vote.  I don’t get offended if someone doesn’t like my opinions.  I have people of all walks on my page.  I still speak my mind.  They are free to stay or leave.  I love all my friends and my true friends love me.  We don’t have to like or agree with the others posts or lifestyles or religions.  I very rarely drop or block people.  I blocked her because she went to threatening real fast.  I understand she used to be a paralegal and I understand she’s worked in politics and law offices and the first instinct for her wasn’t to say will you please remove that post I don’t want it out there.  Here’s my email let’s take this offline and I’ll answer.  It was to say take it down now or I’m going to sue you.  Really?  This is supposed to be a rational person.  If she had asked me kindly I would have taken it to a place of discussion, but her first thing was to lash out and try to strong arm me.   All it left me to do was to save and document for future use if needed.  I will pray for her.  I will pray that she comes to understand that a soft word and a kind gesture always go farther than a bat.  Since she likes presidential comments so much maybe she should remember to “Speak softly and carry a big bat.”  I wish her well, but I’m still smiling ear to ear.  God bless you all.

No comments: