Why I'm here....

Since I've always been quick with an opinion an old friend once lost and again found suggested that perhaps I should share with more people my commentary. Never being one to pass on a challenge I thought I'd give it a whirl.

Saturday, July 27, 2013

If People Were More Like Pets...

As a puppy Princess had a terrible breath issue. I remember I had just lost my other dog a couple of weeks before my brother and his then wife brought her to me.She was only seven weeks old and I could tell she was going to be a very smart dog. She never once messed in my house. At seven weeks old she would go to the door and want out. She was loveable and took to me very quickly. She was a spoiled dog who lived a very good life so I have nothing to regret but that I have no further time with her. My vet said she went very peaceably in her sleep. No signs of struggle. They did an autopsy and found that she had cancer on top of her other issues. I knew yesterday when I kissed her nose as I told her goodbye that I actually was probably telling her goodbye. She had given it a good fight, but her little body was tired and she needed to go. I understand that a lot better than I use to. I've lost a lot over the years and I have had pain of my own. I would not wish anyone or anything to be here in pain and agony all the time. She loved me like no other. She didn't ask for anything but that I feed her and love her back. Animals are good like that. They don't judge us, they only offer us warmth and love. She gave me a lot of good memories. I will miss her a lot but I am happy she's not in pain. It leaves me wishing and thinking. I think if people were more
like these animals, our pets, our companions the world would be a much better place. Rest in Peace my Princess... 5/28/2001-7/27/2013

No comments: